What could be a better way to spend a Friday night, then popcorn and a movie with great friends? A night in front of the screen and big bowls of masala popcorn in your hand makes any movie night memorable! This masala popcorn is bite-sized, crunchy, a sprinkle of fine salt – but also divine when you take it over the top with spices. The flavor comes from a blend of Indian masalas like chat masala, garam masala with green chillies, chillies flakes and curry leaves. Yep it is absolutely addictive!
Are you ready for some popcorns? Oh yeah.
Shhhhhhh it’s popping !!!!!!!
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 hot chilli pepers, very thinly slice
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 5-6 curryleaves
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/8 tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp red peper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 pack popped popcorn
- In a large pot, heat the ½ measurement of vegetable oil. Add chili peppers and curry leaves and sauté them until they are golden, about 2-3 minutes. Remove chili peper and curry leaves and draiin on a paper towel.
- Add other half of vegetable oil in the same pan and stir in the turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala. Cook gently for a minute, then tip in the popped popcorn. Take the pan off the heat, stir well until the popcorn is well coated. Taste and add a little salt. Sprinkle the popcorn with the fried chili peppers, curry leaves and pepper flakes, gently toss.
Do try my recipe and Enjoy your Friday night !!!!!