I love my child care providers because they care so much about the kids. The peace of mind I have leaving my children in their care, knowing they love and care about them as much as anyone is priceless. A friend of mine does daycare in her home. She celebrates Eid and fast during Ramadan too. There are two main celebrations of Muslims, Eid-ul-Fiter and Eid-ul-Edha. Eid-ul-Fiter is celebrated at the end of the fasting month Ramadan as a gift from Allah and has a special significance for Muslims. There are special arrangements are done on this occasion, particularly girls get very excited for their Eid arrangements, especially for henna.They are fond of henna even their Eid is considered incomplete without henna. It was fun making henna for her and her daughter..
I can imagine how hard taking care of many kids, fasting whole day and cooking for Iftar while fasting. I have to say she deserves something for all she has done. So, I decided to cook her favorite dishes for Iftar. I made Pav bhaji and Sevai kheer. Sevai Kheer (known in some regions as Vermicelli payasam, Seer kurma, firni etc) is made by boiling vermicelli with milk and sugar; it is flavored with cardamom, raisins, saffron, cashew nuts, pistachios or almonds. It is typically served during a meal or dessert. It is most commonly served during Eid-ul-Fitr, Diwali or as offerings to god.
Thanks again SK providing such a warm, safe, educational, and fun environment for the kids.
My friend and her family loved it so much, hope you will love it too.!!!!!
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar or as per taste
- 1/2 cup vermicelli
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2 tablespoons of chopped nuts (raisins, almonds, cashews)
- a pinch of saffron
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Tutti fruity for garnish
- Roast Vermicelli with ghee in a pan on medium heat till it turns slightly brown. Keep aside.
- Setup your slow cooker as per the instructions manual.
- Add milk to the bowl, cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add sugar, cardamom and vermicelli and fold them in
- Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Garnish kheer with chopped nuts, tutti fruiti and saffron.
- Serve hot or cold. If you like chilled then transfer the vermicelli kheer in a serving bowl and place the bowl in the refrigerator until it cool down.