If you are a garlic lover, this chutney can accompany anything. The Garlic spread aka Lahsun Ki Chutney is a great dish to spice up your platter. This chutney is made mostly in winters as large quantities of garlic in it keep you warm and is generally accompanied with Bajri ki Roti or Makai ki Roti. Sometimes I eat it with plain roti or paratha and that tastes great too. This is very spicy and fiery chutney prepared by grinding garlic with spices. Traditionally, at my grandparents we had this flat stone with a cylindrical pestle to grind the garlic. I have used grinder mixer to grind garlic coarsely.
- Garlic 10-15 Cloves
- Onion 1 small
- Dry red Chilies 2-3 (depends on how spicy you want)
- Dry mango powder (Anchoor) ½ tsp
- Turmeric a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds ¼ tsp
- Take all above ingredients except Oil, cumin and mustard seeds and blend coarsely with little of water.
- Heat the pan and add Oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds wait for 1 minutes (seeds spatter) and then Garlic onion paste to the oil and cook for 5-7minutes or till you see oil on the periphery on the pan.
- Serve with Millet (Bajri ) Flatbread, Maize (Makki ) Flatebread, Roti or Rice.
- It can stay outside for 2-3 days and weeks in refrigerator.
Tips: If you like to make this in bulk. You can freeze into one or two serving cubes and enjoy every day.