Every part of the world has some form of a crepe. In India they are called cheela, chilada or dosa depending upon where you live. These crepes are made with every grain and pulse that can be soaked, ground to a batter and spread on a pan. Traditionally a cheela is made with Gram flour or chick pea flour, but there are several variations can be made, Moong dal cheela is one of them.Moong dal cheela is a healthy, tasty and food which is rich in proteins, fiber, gluten free, great taste along with being quick. All you need to soak the moong dal at night. This no-sweat recipe can be made in 10 minutes as there is no fermentation required. This is a great breakfast food. You can prepare stuffing with any other ingredients which easily available or according to taste. Personally I like to add paneer stuffing. Do try this delicious cheela and enjoy your breakfast.
- Moong Dal with skin : 3/4 cup
- MoongDal without skin ¼ cup
- Ginger chopped : 2 tbsp
- Coriander chopped : 1/2 cup
- Curry Leaves : 1/4 cup
- Green Chilly : 1
- Salt : to taste
- Water : as required
- Oil/Butter : 2 tbsp
- Green chutney (coriander and mint chutney)
- Paneer grated ½ cup – 1cup
- Coriander leaves ¼ cup fined chopped
- Chat masala/chutney pudi 1 tsp
- Soak both moong Dal together for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and put the mixture in a food processor.
- Add ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Grind to a fine paste.
- Add a little water to make a thick pancake like batter.
- Now add chopped coriander in to the batter and beat the batter for 2 minutes.
- Heat the pan and melt a little oil/butter. Pour the batter into the hot pan and using the back of the spatula spread the butter evenly.
- Allow the pancake/dosa to cook on both sides till done.
- Remove and fill with paneer, coriander mixture. Sprinkle chat masala/ chutney pudi
- Serve hot with green chutney, sweet chutney, chutney pudi, ketchup or with hot cup of tea
- Enjoy !!!!