Thanksgiving is just around the corner and this Persimmon and spinach salad is a fresh and easy enough for holiday family dinners.
- Fuyu persimmons, firm, ripe and sliced
- Spinach / Fresh arugula/ Luttuce – whatever salad leaves you like
- Walnuts – chopped
- Pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp orange concentrate (I used Kirkland brand)
- ¼ – ½ tsp Honey (depends on Persimmons sweetness)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix olive oil, orange concentrate, honey. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- I didn’t try tossing this salad in a big bowl, each plate was composed individually. Assemble the salad according to how much you want. A handful of season salad leaves, a few persimmons slices, garnish with chopped walnuts and pomegranate seeds. Pour dressing over the salad and enjoy.
- Use Fuyu persimmons. They are the squat, donut looking ones. They are sweet then other oblong (Hachiya) persimmons.
- You can add feta or goat cheese if you like.