Everyone loves Santa, especially in the form of a sweet cookie! I decided to make Santa cookies for my son and his friends. These are easy to make, delicious and absolutely festive treats. The cookies look very charming on a Christmas plate and kids will be jumping for joy when you bring out a cookie plate filled with Santas. No baking necessary and always a big hit!!
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and Fabulous New Year.
- 12 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped (or Wilton melting discs)
- 6 ounces red wilton melting chocolate discs
- Package (1 pound) Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- Black candy icing tube
- 30 Red candy m&m’s or skittles
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- In a microwave, melt white chocolate at 50% power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on wire racks until set.
- For Santa’s hat, the same white end dip ¾ area into red candy melts. Let it stand until set and make pom pom with white chocolate.
- Dip other end of each cookie into melted chocolate for beard, leaving center of cookie uncovered and sprinkle coconut on the beard. Place on wire racks.
- Make eyes with black icing and with a dab of melted chocolate, attach red-candy for nose. Place on waxed paper until set.