It just wouldn’t be a holiday without these cookies at my house. I’m sure I’m not the only one who bakes similar cookies around Christmas. This delectable dessert is truly easy to make and spectacular enough to give as a gift to friends, family or teachers. They are sweet little crunchy balls and heavenly rolled up in a powdery blanket of confectioners sugar. The sugar melts on your tongue as you bite into each crunchy cookie. Yummy they are so good! These Cookies may be easy to make, but they’re hard to forget!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped pecans and walnuts or almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, cornstarch, cocoa, ground cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until set.
- And cool on wire rack.
- Roll cookies in remaining confectioners’ sugar. Store in an airtight container.