A nice meal to have when life just gets a bit too hectic and you need a quick fix. When I want a quick, comforting meal with no fuss, I cook this simple tangy green tomato / tomatillo curry. Basically it’s a super easy and super quick to make curry recipe which you really need in your life! I made this upper easy curry for dinner today, which of course is made in my ‘express’ style. I hope you will enjoy it!
3-4 Green Tomatoes chopped
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder ( less for gentle palate)
¼ tsp Turmeric powder
1 1/2 tbsp Jaggery (can be replaced by 2-3 tsp Sugar)
Salt to taste
1 tbsp Oil
Coriander Leaves for garnis
- Heat oil, add mustard and cumin seeds
- When they start spluttering, add red chilli powder and turmeric and mix well
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook covered for 5 mins
- Add salt and Jaggery, stir well and cook covered for some more time
- Turn off when tomato is slightly soft and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with rotis or bread!